Wednesday 29 May 2013

Save Time with a Reading Hierarchy

The large of majority of us are time-starved and overloaded with information. It often seems impossible to manage what we’re doing and work on the tasks, or learn the lessons, we need to get to the next level. How do other people do it?


Here’s how Farhan Thawar, VP of Engineering at Xtreme Labs, saves a lot of his time:



There’s been one tip in the past five years that has given me the most amount of time in my life; it’s called, “Don’t read the news.” It has been amazing. I literally don’t read the news, I try to limit my news to what people tell me, and I’ll look it up later… I can really focus on things that have non-temporal value, that don’t just become obsolete.



Thawar goes on to give an example of a “reading hierarchy,” which looks like this:



  1. Books

  2. Magazines

  3. Blogs

  4. Twitter


While it can be extremely satisfying to know the news before everyone else, it’s important to pay important to the evergreen information that will be valuable not only for the next week, but for the years to come.






via 99U http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/The99Percent/~3/FSiN7p9V7oo/save-time-with-a-reading-hierarchy

No comments:

Post a Comment