Monday 26 August 2013

The Research Trap

Jack Zerby, entrepreneur and former designer at Pentagram on “The Research Trap:”



I’ve read over and over the importance of validating ideas, but it seems I was blurring the lines between market validation and personal validation. I wasn’t looking for them to say “yes I would definitely pay for that.” I was looking for “Jack you are awesome, please grace us with more of your infinite wisdom.”


In a sense I was looking for them to validate me, rather than my idea. I kept going because I was getting wonderful feedback about me and my idea, and who in the world would stop that ego gravy-train and actually go build something?



Read more about Zerby’s epiphany, fueled by his mother. Yes, really.






via 99U http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/The99Percent/~3/peB_6kum47I/the-research-trap

No comments:

Post a Comment